Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Supernatural - Season 1



I've started re-watching this series, because I LOVE THE WINCHESTER BOYS!!!!

I find it amazing how scrawny they look in season 1 compared to season 7, but they are still cute! :-)

Here is some footage from season 1, just in case you've forgotten what they look like ;-)


How about this one!


To be honest I put off watching this series for a long time because I thought it would be too scary, but now I love it.  I missed the episodes of season 8, so I can't wait until it's out on DVD.

So far I've purchase all 7 seasons and I don't regret it.

Book Depository sells the Season 1 companion guide - how awesome is that!

Just in case you're not familiar with the story: the series is about 2 brothers, Dean and Sam Winchester, who are hunters of supernatural beings.

The pilot episode, which aired in 2005, introduced a 4 year old Dean with his 6 month old baby brother Sam.  Unfortunately, at the very beginning of the story Dean and Sam's mother is killed by Lucifer himself, while he is trying to make Sam drink his blood.  He manages to feed Sam his blood, but while he is doing that, he is interrupted by Sam's mother.  As a result she dies in a sea of flames while stuck to the ceiling by supernatural forces.

In current times, Dean Winchester is played by Jensen Ackles.  Jensen was born in 1978 and is also known for his brief roles in Smallville and Dawson's Creek.  In 2009 Jensen starred in 'My Bloody Valentine'.  Jensen's won 2 awards in his career and has been nominated for a further 7 awards.







Sam Winchester is played by Jared Padalecki.  Jared started acting at the age of 12 and since beginning his career at this tender age he has been nominated for 7 awards.  Jared started out on the Gilmore Girls and has since starred in movies such as Friday the 13th and House of Wax.







Shoot me now!  I can't believe I forgot to mention the other most important member of the cast - Jeffrey Dean Morgan.  Ok I know I'm showing my age, but isn't he just a honey!

Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays Dean and Sam's father, John Winchester.  Jeffrey was born in 1966 - so he is more my age!  He has a list of movies and TV shows to his name the length of my arm.  Some which may be more recognisable include:

  • Watchmen - 2009
  • Losers - 2010
  • P.S. I Love You - 2007
  • Grey's Anatomy as Denny Duquette - 2009





The story in Season 1 continues as Dean turns up at Sam's college dormitory announcing that their father has gone missing while on a 'hunt'.  Dean convinces Sam to join him on the hunt for their missing dad.  Needless to say the father is still missing by the end of Season 1, but other tragic events have forced Sam back into the life of a hunter and both Dean and Sam now continue hunting monsters and demons while looking for their dad.  Throughout Season 1 Dean and Sam battle a variety of different monsters, including ghosts and demons.


I enjoyed Season 1 so much that I raced out to buy the other seasons immediately.  I've now watched all the season, but re-watching and informing as I go along.

If you haven't seen this series, I highly recommend it.





http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=pinkacquarius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.