Thursday, November 22, 2012

Christmas Baking - Savoury

This year I have a lot of people coming over for Christmas, which I'm really looking forward to.  Usually it's just my son and I, so it will be a nice change.  We are going to have a Christmas Brunch, so not too much preparation required.

So far, I have my cousin and her children coming over.  She has 6 altogether, but 2 have left home and I'm not sure if the older ones would be coming too.  There will at least be her 2 youngest ones, who are 7 and 12 and they are good friends with my son.

I also have my friend coming over and she has 4 kids.  Perfect.  I'm really looking forward to having a full house for once.

However, a houseful of guests means loads of preparation and lots of food.  I'm planning on buying a ham and found this awesome recipe in the Woolworths Christmas magazine.

Lime Glazed Ham


Check out the YouTube video on how to prepare this delicious looking ham!


http://youtu.be/8T0rDBJ834A

I just watched the above YouTube clip and it gives really useful information about how to prepare the ham, how to carve it and how to store it.  Check it out.  I couldn't find the video to upload because it's an unlisted video, but if you enter the above link you'll get it.  I'm going to serve the cooked ham with fresh baked croissants and cheese.  Will also have a variety of finger foods, nibblies and desserts.  Come back and check out the dessert section in the coming days.

Here is another delicious looking savoury Christmas recipe.

Ham Rosti




Michelle's chilli prosciutto wrapped prawns





The following drinks recipe sounds like would be a nice addition to my Christmas brunch; however maybe a bit too early for an alcoholic beverage, but it sounds too nice to leave out:

Yule mule cocktails




For a non-alcoholic version try this one!

Ginger Punch




Going back to the savoury foods.  Here are a few recipes I found which are kid friendly:





Please send me your favourite recipes for inclusion here.



http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=pinkacquarius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.