Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shafted!

So I got shafted at work today!  I know I don't normally vent my personal life here, but I need to vent.

I've been with the company for just over 7 years and I've been on my current job for just over 3 and what sort of thanks do I get?  I get demoted!  That's what I get!  I don't know if anyone remembers a few weeks ago I posted on here about anxiety and depression, well that was because of my personal experiences at the time.  I had a little melt down at work and it's been just downhill from there.

Deep down I am a bit relieved because I am starting to hate my job, but then I am losing around $4000.00 a year in extra wages.  So the budget is going to suffer and I'm going to have to think of other ways of making money.  Here are my current options:


  1. Get another job;
  2. Step up the affiliate promotions;
  3. Start writing freelance - like I've always wanted;
  4. Start working on that book I've always dreamed about and fiddled with a few times; or
  5. Just put up and shut up and end up a 75 year old public servant.
To be honest I like option 3 the best.  I've often thought about pursuing my writing, but I've never had the confidence to start anything.  I've now been spending so much time on here writing that I might as well start writing and seeing if anyone is interested in actually paying me for my work.  At least I still have my full-time work so it's not like I have to do it, but if it works out then it's a bonus.

I feel like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde right now.  My brain is having a fight with itself - I can do it, but you're not good enough...you know the drill!

I need to talk to my poet friend - she is awesome and she thinks I'm awesome and I love her for it.  She has too much faith in me, whereas I have none.

Any ideas?




http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=pinkacquarius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.