Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Baking - Sweets

According to my countdown it's 26 days to Christmas in Australia.  I don't know about anyone out there, but I love to bake and prepare sweet things for my family and friends.  There are a gazillion choices to make out there - so I won't be putting every single sweet Christmas recipe on here, but only my favourites.  Here are a few of these to whet the appetite!

Christmas Rum Balls





Chocolate rum and raisin truffles


These look delicious?  Don't they?  Ideal Christmas gift idea as well!



Choc Christmas cookies






I love the look of the next recipe.  It may be a bit too involved, but I'm actually thinking about cheating and purchasing the ready made ones and just assembling it for Christmas.  Does that sound lazy? (shoulder shrug)

Gingerbread House





This next recipe is not really a Christmas one, but it does look delicious enough and colourful enough to serve at Christmas time.  I like the look of it and I've always wanted to try baking this.  This year might be the it.


Red Velvet Layer Cake




Told you it looked good enough to eat!  :-)


Chocolate Yule Log Recipe







In Australia you'll have to work at super fast speeds to get this one done, but it'll be worth it!


I'm not traditionally a fruitcake kind of girl, but I watched this video on YouTube and it looked quite easy to make and the finished product looks delicious to eat.  Since I have family and friends coming over this Christmas I may go to the effort of making this cake for them and see what they say.




Like I said before this is not an exhaustive list of Christmas baking goodies, but just a very small portion of what is out there on the world wide web.

Websites I visited to take these recipes include:



That's it for now... I could go on for years, but I think these recipes are Christmasy and tasty looking.  I'm going to try and make these and give my verdict on the ease of tastiness of the recipe.  I may even venture into videoing myself baking and put it on YouTube.  I know that sounds ambitious, but you never know.

There are a gazillion amount of books available out there to inspire Christmas Festivities as well - here are a few I got off the Book Depository website:

Gooseberry Patch



There are plenty more where that came from - check it out at the Book Depository.  If you have a favourite recipe you would like to share please post it here.  If it looks good I may even give it a go :-)

Fix-It-And-Forget-It


Happy baking and enjoy!



http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=pinkacquarius

1 comment:

  1. What yummy looking treats. I have found that if I use carry out containers I can safely transport my sweets from one house to another. Thanks so much for these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.