Saturday, April 16, 2005

:-(

On Thursday night Aurelius and I had our first huge fight. The issues of the fights are not important. What is important is that he really upset me and 'for those who were not listening', I spent a good part of the night bawling my eyes out. I don't know if he knew this or not, but if he didn't then he is the most ignorant man on this planet!

My concerns following this fight are that we are not able to communicate. As I said to him this morning, times when I am under pressure, highly strung and tired are not good times to raise issues relating to my son's upbringing. The topic is a sensitive one at the best of times. I am constantly questioning myself anyway, whether I'm being a good mother, am I doing things in the best interest of my son, am I setting a good example for him and am I a good role-model. Any single parents out there will know how hard it is raising children on their own, especially when you have to work full-time. The guilt one experiences and the sacrifices one has to make to provide the child with the best of everything. I try not to sacrifice the important things, such as spending quality time with my son, taking him to the park, movies, cooking him home cooked meals and of course, buying him things he wants. I guess the last one stems from the guilt I feel at having to go to work full time and having to put him into full-time daycare.

My point here is that any comments may be taken out of context and taken the wrong way. Comments made even with the best intentions, will be misconstrued to mean something else. Not intentionally, but because of the sensitive nature of the issues and concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.