Saturday, April 16, 2005

Amendment

I have to concede that Aurelius was right again! I don't really want cold hard cash - I want the things that cold hard cash can buy. Yes, I am materialistic, I want nice things - who doesn't. Does this make me a bad person? Does this make me greedy? I don't think so, because I know from experience that when I have things/money I always share with family and friends, I give to charity and I also support the country's economy. What's wrong with that?

I would call this being ambitious. Yes I am ambitiuos, and yes I am working towards attaining these goals with or without partner support - it would just be easier with another ambitious person than without! It would also be quicker, but I am persistent and I will achieve my goals with or without help from anyone.

Anyone reading my previous entry thinking that I was going to use people to achieve my goals are mistaken, I have enough drive and determination to achieve my goals on my own. I have realised that I should never count on anybody else except myself and I guess this realisation hit me in the last couple of days. As the quote says "if you don't trust the way something is done by other people, then do it yourself!" I have fallen into a comfort trap - again - thinking that now that I'm in a partnership again, I can relax and things will happen, this is incorrect, things won't happen unless I make them happen! So once again I am taking charge, I am getting back on track and re-focusing my energy into advancing myself and not worrying about where other people are going. If they want to get there bad enough they will, if not then we are not meant to be!

I am now going back into the things I started in the beginning of the year, I am going back to bushwalking and since the offer of my gym membership was not taken up, I am going to go back to the gym on weekends and some weekdays. I am also going to put some energy into the charity organisation of which I am the media officer. I have neglected this position, but no longer. I will make plans to meet up with committee members next weekend and start being pro-active. I am also going to start golf, starting with making enquiries about prices and tuition. I am very excited about the next few months, and where my life is going to go.

But I also believe that couples should have similar goals and aspirations to be successful! This remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.