Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Zombie Books!


In the last Zombie post I mentioned that I would post on here some information about Zombie books.  Like I said, I've read a few of these and they are awesome.  My method is usually to read the first few chapters of a book and if it grabs me then I keep reading, but if it doesn't then I just stop.  I don't read the last chapter to see how it ended - nothing - I just put it down and move on!

Once, I started reading a book and after the first page I just couldn't bring myself to pick it up again.  It's sad but true :-(

So here is my list - I'll try and so a small summary of each book, but I may not be able to especially if I haven't read it.  I'll try and find out also any new Zombie books which may be coming out shortly.

Houston - we have a problem!  It appears that my 'book review' book has gone AWOL.

Yes, I know I'm a bit weird, but I do keep a 'book review' book.  There are 2 reasons for this:


  1. I read so many books that it was getting hard to keep track of all the books which I have read and which I haven't.  So, I started this A4 alphabetical ruled hardcover notebook which allowed me to write down the books that I finished reading; and
  2. because I also read books which sometimes comprise multiple volumes - keeping a book allows me to note which book it is and write a brief review noting the characters and their roles.  This also allows me to keep track of which volume I am up to in the series.
I also keep an A5 size book to note down future books which I would like to read.  This system has gotten a bit out of hand and it is now all over the place.  I have several books which perform this function, until recently that is.  I recently discovered this website called Good Reads and I am slowly transferring the title of the books there.  It's an awesome website.  You can search for books and either rate it if you've read it or put it in your reading now or read later sections.  According to good reads I've rated 51 books, but that's just the ones I could remember, because my 'book review' book is missing.

HELP!!!!!

If I don't find it soon I'll start hyperventilating and not to mention I can't remember all the Zombie books I've read.  

I'm going to use good old Google and see what that turns up!  Here goes...

Zom-B (Zom-B #1)

Zom-B is a radical new series about a zombie apocalypse, told in the first person by one of its victims. The series combines classic Shan action with a fiendishly twisting plot and hard-hitting and thought-provoking moral questions dealing with racism, abuse of power and more. This is challenging material, which will captivate existing Shan fans and bring in many new ones. As Darren says, "It's a big, sprawling, vicious tale...a grisly piece of escapism, and a barbed look at the world in which we live. Each book in the series is short, fast-paced and bloody. A high body-count is guaranteed!"


A Very Good Man (Dead End) - I haven't read this one, but research seems to suggest there are mixed reviews out there.  Here is a link to a free sample from Amazon.com, have a read and make up your own mind.  I'm going to.



A Very Good Neighbor (Dead End) - This book seemed to received reviews more in line with each other.  Looking forward to reading it!  Here is a sample!





Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205 - I just got this one off Amazon for free to read on my kindle reader.  It's only 3 chapters long, so interested to see if its the full story.  Hope so, I love Zombie books!
Theodore Granger believes he’s cursed. He’s spent the last ten years locked away inside his apartment. But today is his day, the day he is to venture out into the world again. There is only one simple task on his agenda: walk one block, cross the street, and have a cup of coffee with his shrink. The only problem is, he chose the wrong day.
Enjoy this short story based in the world of my novel Don of the Living Dead.

Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 305 - This one is for free as well.  These 3 Zombie Tales just appear to be short stories.  Hopefully still a good read!
Charles Grimly has marital problems you wouldn't believe and his mommy issues are a little too much for him to handle. He may not be all there, but he has to hold it together if he's going to make it through this day in one piece.

Enjoy this short story based in the world of my novel Don of the Living Dead.

Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502 - This too is free!  Another short story.

Tommy's world is falling apart. It's the worst day of his life, but it's about to get much worse.





Deadlocked - Pretty good reviews on this one.  Everyone commenting seems to like it.  So hope it's as good as they all say.
David was caught in the middle of the city when the zombie outbreak started. His wife and daughters were at home, stranded on the roof as zombies waited below. He would have to fight through hordes of undead, merciless other survivors, and a series of death defying stunts to get home. However, even if he makes it there, how can he be sure they're safe?
Deadlocked puts you into David's head as he struggles to get home. Then a final confrontation occurs that could guarantee his family's survival, but at what cost?
Download it to Kindle for free here!
Circus of the Dead - Again this is a short story of just over 10,000 words.  The reviews seem to be pretty positive.  This too can be downloaded for free here!
Twenty years ago, the dead destroyed the world of the living. The survivors scattered in the wake of the Scourge, erecting small towns in the worlds' most sparsely populated areas.

For young Gabriel, the walking dead are merely the memories that haunt the eyes of those old enough and lucky enough to have survived. He is more concerned with his hard life in America's desert, where his chores keep him busy and the husks of books stashed beneath the cellar of the library are his only freedom.

Until the circus comes to town.

"Circus of the Dead" is a novelette of approximately 10,748 words.

Zombie Britannica by Thomas Emson
I love Thomas Emson's books all of them so far.  Zombie Britannica was the first Zombie book I ever read, and I normally do not go in for guts and gore, but I could not put this book down.  From the moment I finished reading Thomas Emson's book I fell in love with Zombie books.  Please read his books, they are fantastic.  He has also written a trilogy of vampire books and they are also great.  I've read the first 2 and can't wait to get my hands on the final 3rd one.  I promise to write a review on his other books as soon as I have time.
In 2009, Canadian researchers warned that a zombie plague would wipe out civilization … unless we were ready – WE WEREN’T!  As temperatures reach unprecedented levels, the dead rise – and eat the living. There is no warning. There is no time to prepare. And with tens of thousands dead or infected, another waking nightmare comes to terrorize the survivors – THE UNDEAD’S VICTIMS NOW RISE UP, A NEWWAVE OF ZOMBIES HUNGRY FOR HUMAN FLESH!  As the nation teeters on the edge of extinction, those who survived the onslaught fight for their lives, and for the lives of their loved ones …CARRIE ASHER must battle her way across the blood-soaked streets of London to save her six-year-old daughter who is locked in the basement of their home – with her zombie-infected father upstairs.  VINCENT MASKELL is trapped in a Welsh castle with the girl he loves. But how can he be her knight in shining armour with a zombie army besieging the medieval fort and the humans inside slowly losing their minds?  CRAIG MURRAY and his family are stuck in a traffic jam in Scotland when the zombies attack. But when his younger sister is kidnapped, he is forced to confront a human monster as well as the undead hordes.  The odds are against us. The zombie throng is growing. Our numbers are dwindling – WELCOME TO ZOMBIE BRITANNICA!
This book is great!  There are no bad reviews here!

Sundered (A Zombie-ish Apocalypse, Book 1) [Kindle Edition] 

Shannon Mayer
The reviews on Amazon seem to be all positive - can't wait to start reading!  I've downloaded my free Kindle version.





Obviously there are thousands of Zombie books out there in the market and I don't have the time or the space to put up every single one here.  If you have a suggestion, please send it through the comments.  I'd love to hear what other people have read out there.  I'm always open to reading new and exciting books and it doesn't just have to be about Zombies!

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.