Saturday, October 13, 2012

What a week!

Ok well...what a week this has been!

Firstly, final weeks of Uni and this week saw me finishing not 1 or 2 assessment items BUT 3 assessment items!  And received marks for an earlier assessment piece - which was very disappointing.

Two more to go and then another semester is over.

To be honest...not doing so well this semester.  The semester started out very slow and somewhat disorganised (aussie spelling lol).  This is reflected in the results.  The best I can hope for is a pass, which is still achievable - after a lot of cramming! :-)

I'm no brainiac - obviously, but at least when I put my mind to something I can still do OK.  Nothing wrong with average!  Some knowledge still leaks in and stays in sometimes.

So after my epic post I got very busy and hardly even had any time to scratch myself let alone study much.  The weekend after my epic blog I basically just buckled down and researched for my debate topic.  Team meeting and more research.  The debate was on Friday at 4:30pm - who does that to people?  Obviously law lecturers don't have a sense of humour or a very cruel one!

Anyway, day off work to do more research and then a team meeting before facing the firing squad.  My team was lucky because we got there early enough and the lecturer asked if we wanted to sit through the debate before ours and listen to the adjudicators comments.  Did we ever?  Lucky we did because I think the comments were an enormous help.  Needless to say we won the debate, even though I felt that I stuffed up my 5 mins of fame :-).  I'm just not good with having to think on my feet and prepare a rebuttal then and there.  I didn't do too well at that!  Regardless of my performance the team won anyway and that was mostly due to my insistence that we link the topic to the course materials.  THANK GOODNESS I INSISTED!!!!  This is what won us the topic.

Oh yeah, our topic was "Traffic speeding laws are legitimate and effective".  My team was selected to argue from the negative side.  I enjoyed the research for the topic, not so much the delivery.  On top of preparing my argument, I also had to prepare a 2000 word argument, due a week later, representing the affirmative side.  This wasn't too hard because basically most of the material I used I had come across when researching the negative side; however it still took me around 5 days to put it all together and especially making sure that it tied in with the course materials and was properly referenced.  That was lodged on Wednesday and unfortunately, the results will not be known until almost the end of the semester.

The 3rd and final assessment item due this week was a 40 question multiple choice exam on Contracts. Oh what fun!  I'm not doing so well in Contracts because the other subject is taking up all my time with research and this reflected in the multi-choice test.  I scored, drum roll please!?, 22 out of 40!  SHOCKING!!!!  So in total with the other assessment pieces, I have 24 out of 40 points, which is still a passing grade, but it just means that I have to really cram from now until the end of semester exam to actually maintain the pass.  I CAN DO IT!

With all this frantic studying and research I haven't had much time for anything else, including sleep.  I think probably over the last week I may have had around 10-12 hours in total.   On top of all the study/research I also work full-time and have an 11 year old child who has a life too!  Cricket season has started so we had our first training night on Wednesday and the first game is on this Saturday - 8.30am start.  Why?

Between my travels in the library and trawling through internet sites for research materials I did manage to snag a few hours for some personal 'interesting' reading.  A girl gotta have her priorities straights!

So these were:
  1. Cooper's Fall by Lora Leigh  ; and
  2. Dangerous Lover by Lisa Marie Rice (Elizabeth Jennings).

Check out their books!  They are AWESOME!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.