Saturday, October 22, 2005

Slowly but surely

I started weight watchers around 4 weeks ago. The weight has been coming off slowly. To date I've lost 2.8kgs. I'm happy with that, because I have not been exercising a lot, which is why it's been coming off so slowly. During the week I decided to go back to the gym. I joined back up and went for my fitness assessment today. I am determined to go at least 3 times a week and supplement this with other activities such as squash, tennis, swimming, walking, bike-riding, golf and bushwalking. I've decided to join the bushwalking club and a girl from work and I are going to go and learn how to play golf - starting on 23rd Nov 2005. I'm also starting to play hockey in the new year and interested in starting up indoor soccer. My goal is to get as active as possible and that way I figure losing the weight won't be such an effort.

Cross your fingers for me. My son is happy to go to the childminding centre while I do my exercises. I've had to explain to him why mummy needs to go but he is really understanding and in the long run it will benefit him as well because I will be able to play with him for longer periods without getting puffed. I am also getting him active - he is starting swimming in two weeks and starting tennis lessons in the new year. He also wants to learn how to play golf but he has to wait until he is at least 6 before he can learn. He was a bit dissapointed, but I told him he only has to wait another 18 months.

Check out the weight-watchers site - I've linked the title to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.