Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hooray!

I got my letter of offer yesterday. I was happy. I finally get to study what I think I want to do! That's accounting. I always wanted to be an accountant, but somewhere along the line I got side-tracked. I am now working in a job which will benefit from my accounting knowledge and I will also be able to use it advance up the ladder. I hope! I'm also excited because they will pay 75% of all my expenses and give me time off for study and exams. Check out the USQ website!

I hope I can keep the motivation going this time. I've worked out that doing it externally and studying 2 subjects per term, with 3 terms in each year - I should be able to knock it over in around 4 years - 5 the most. That still leaves me plenty of time to work on my finances and to purchase a house by the time I'm 40.
I've decided to put off saving until after christmas. There is no point this close to xmas - I have so many lay-by's it's not funny. But after xmas I will open a managed fund account and start putting away $150.00 per fortnight and another $50.00 into my online account. I would also like to go on holidays around xmas time, but I don't think that will happen, unless my mum pays for it - but I don't see that happening either. I get a whole week off at xmas time and I want to take another week off when the little one starts school at the end of Jan. This will have to be negotiated with the boss. I have to find out when school starts and what are the hours. It's private so they are a bit different to state schools. I hope they start around 8am that way I would only have to pay for after school care and not before. That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.