Thursday, March 14, 2013

My birthday dinner!

In a previous post I promised that I would put up here any photos I took of my Beef Wellington creations.

Well, needless to say I forgot to take photos until I've started eating, but here is what the Wellington's looked like after a few bites were taken out.


The dish actually looked a bit more appetising when I served it because it also had some green asparagus on the side.

Mind you, anything that could go wrong on the night did.  I arranged the dinner for early Sunday night - as it was a school day the next day.

So everyone came over by 5.30pm as invited.  To begin, I lost track of time and didn't even start cooking until almost 5pm.  I thought, that's plenty of time, but what I hadn't taken into account was that I also had to create a vegetarian version for my only vegetarian friend.

Dinner was finally served around, I think, 8pm and the asparagus was overcooked, the carrots were a bit undercooked and the puddings were almost as hard as rocks.  At least both types of Wellington's were beautifully done and nobody could complain about them!  The entrees of Bruschetta dressed with Balsamic Vinegar were also nice and very tasty.  Sorry I forgot to take photos. :-)

We still managed to have a good night with chatting and catching up and drinking responsibly.



http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=pinkacquarius

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment.