Friday, March 11, 2005

What is Love?

How can you tell when you love someone?

To be honest I'm not sure. This is what I think love should be, if I'm incorrect please correct me.

To me love should be a sense of peacefulness, heightened senses and a rapidly pulsating heart. Love should bring you joy and sorrow. You should feel loved and adored and craved by the one who loves you. You should also adore, look up to and crave the one who loves you. I think admiration is a big part and also having respect for that person. I've always believed that companionship and respect far outweighed attraction, but that was until recently . I have met someone, who I think I am in love with. How do I know this? I know this because I want to spend every waking moment in their company. I want to hold him, talk to him and caress him at every opportunity. I think his snore is cute and I love the way he makes me feel. I want to fall asleep every night cradled in his arms and I want to wake up beside him every morning.

I have never felt like this before and I have certainly never acted like this before. I have always been level-headed until recently, that is. Since falling in love I have been irrational, emotional, territorial and extremely jealous. I have tried to curb these emotions, but it has taken me by surprise that I would even act like this. I never have and never thought I would. Now I'm not a hundred percent sure that this is love - maybe its pure lust, but why not run with it while I have it.

My favourite movie (When Harry met Sally) sums it up precisely: "...when you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

And that's how I think I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.